Foreign Student Service

If you plan to study in Denmark, you can open a bank account with Danske Bank. Because of emigration legislation, we must differentiate between students coming from countries within and outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA).

Students from the EU and EEA
As a student from an EU or EEA member state, you can contact the nearest Danske Bank branch to open an account. Please bring your passport, your Danish civil registration number, which you will receive when you register with your local authority, and a document showing your social security number or another identification number you use for tax purposes in the country where you are liable for tax.

Students from outside the EU and EEA
If you are a resident of a country outside the EU and EEA, you must be aware of the general documentation rules for obtaining a visa from the Danish Immigration Service. You must demonstrate that you will be self-supporting for the duration of your stay in Denmark by maintaining a minimum balance on an account in a Danish bank or another bank within the EU. Furthermore, you must document that you have been admitted to an educational programme at a publicly accredited learning institution.

If you wish to open an account, please follow these application procedures.​​

Contact usContact us

Contact Student Service
Danske Bank
Tel.: +45 70 10 26 59


Go on

Get Danske eBanking
Save time and money with Danske eBanking. Danske Bank has eBanking in English.

Read more about Danske eBanking
Interested in other products?
If you are interested in some of our products you can find out more below.