You will find that we ask detailed questions about your business and ask for proof of identity and possibly for documentation. There are a number of reasons for that:
- We want to get to know your business well, so we can provide you with the solutions best suited to support your business's strategy and growth at all times.
- We have an important societal responsibility for ensuring that our customers are sound legitimate businesses that operate responsibly. At the same time, we – like other banks – must comply with applicable rules, such as the Danish Anti-Money Laundering Act (hvidvaskloven).
Should we reject your application, it would typically be because we do not understand your business model or your expected transactions. For example, how you generate a profit, whether the business has the right expertise or whether the working conditions are in order. In other words, we must be confident that the business is sound and legitimate.
To ensure that your business meets the requirements, we perform an analysis and a description of you as the applicant. We then set up your products.
Among other things, you will find that we ask about:
- how your business will use our products and services
- whether the business will be transferring money abroad
- whether the business has many cash payments
All the information you provide will of course be treated as confidential.